Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Author interview with Kacey Hammell

Tell us a bit about yourself.
I’m a bookaholic, have been since about the age of thirteen. I found Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber and Joan Johnston and never looked back. About seven years ago, at the encouragement of my husband, I sat down to write my first story. After a personal hiatus after a tragedy, I’m back to the keyboard and listening to the voices in my head.

I’m a mom of three socially active children who has learned to balance writing with their schedules.

What book are you reading now?
I’m nearly finished Cynthia Eden’s Deadly Fear – she’s a new author for me. I hate to put the series aside, but I must!! I received JD Robb’s latest In Death book, Celebrity in Death, and I have to read it before continuing Cynthia’s series. I’m addicted to JD Robb’s In Death series!

What did you want to be when you grew up?
A Mom—that was all that I wanted to be. I love kids, was the neighbourhood babysitter growing up and wanted a houseful of my own one day. After three, I was blessed and we decided not to have any more. However, all of my kids’ friends call me Mom as well, so I have my houseful. *g*

What do you like to do for fun and relax?
Long walks/hikes with the family. Plus my daughter and I, since she’s the only girl, do a lot of fun things together—weekends away and such. Reading for pleasure is my best relaxation—sitting in the bathtub for about an hour, washes the craziness of the week behind.

Now, about your story. What can you tell us about it? What influenced the idea for this story?
Illusions is a romantic suspense with erotic romance interwoven. Isabella & Brady, the main characters, are friends who became lovers and fight commitment every step of the way. Neither believes that love is for them and they do everything possible to avoid it. However, as their secret relationship gets deeper, and a psychotic killer is inching his way closer to home, both of them realize that they can’t control everything. No matter how much they’d like to…

Which character gave you the most trouble when writing?
Isabella. She’s stubborn, opinionated, seems entitled to hold onto her grief forever. At the original time I wrote this story, I’d only ever lost my brother. Since, I also lost my dad so I understood her a lot better and she seemed to become more real to me. However, she was still stubborn, something many people say that I am. So, she and I butted heads… A LOT !!

What makes your characters a perfect match for one another?
Brady and Isabella are very perfect together. She understands his “gift” and he knows how to let her vent and still there for her when she’s done. They simply understand one another, love passionately and unconditionally, and the friendship they had first, tightens their bond as lovers.

Are you actively working on a new WIP?
The sequel to Illusions is submitted to Decadent, I’m waiting to hear about that.
The finished WIP, titled Dare, is also submitted to a few publishers that I’m waiting to hear about.
I am doing my read through/self-edits for another WIP (yet untitled) that I wrote within a week. A tortured heroine who’s had some horrible tragedies in her life. It was a gut-wrenching story to write but she wormed her way into my heart and thoughts and wouldn’t let go. Once I’m done my polishing, I’ll submit it to a few publishers and see what happens.
I have the paranormal/ménage series started and about to focus on that.
Things are never quiet in my head. LOL

Where can readers contact you? (Social networks, site, email, etc.)
Website/Blog -- http://kaceyhammellkreations.blogspot.com/
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002653925340
Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/KaceyHammell
Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002BLQ3UM
Email
mailto:kaceyhammell@gmail.com
Goodreads
http://www.goodreads.com/kaceyhammell


ILLUSIONS
By Kacey Hammell
Book 1: In the Arms of the Law
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
http://www.decadentpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=489&osCsid=534ladib313mjfmjbr83bc7e47


Protection. Adventure. Love.
It's all found within The Arms of the Law...

Detective Isabella Knowles, a tough-as-nails cop, lives by the law, and knows what she wants out of life. And it doesn't include marriage or all that comes with it. Everything Isabella has ever known seems like an illusion when a new relationship makes her feel more alive than ever before. She isn’t happy about it and fights it every step of the way.

Burned by his fiancée years ago, seer and P.I., Brady Jacobs never wants another commitment in his life. But his bachelorhood and heart are threatened when he has one of his visions and see a killer striking too close to the woman he has recently come to love.

Danger lurks close to home and neither Brady nor Isabella like that they can’t control every situation…especially matters of the heart.



Giveaway---To win a copy of one of Kacey’s backlist titles, simply leave a comment with your name and email address. One random winner will be drawn tomorrow, using Random.org, and announced here.

1 comment: